Most of my life I've been interested in what is now widely known as Country Music. Back aways, we called it Hillbilly music - then it became Country & Western. In recent years my interest has centred on the Australian product, hence the impetus to produce (in 1996) a set of collector cards featuring colour photos and biographies of fifty of Australia's most popular and best-loved Country Music artists/groups. Along the way though, from time-to-time, certain artists involved in other forms of music have also captured my attention. The following list of Internet links covers primarily Australian Country Music sites with quite a few overseas and/or non-Country Music sites thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
YOU ARE VISITOR NUMBER SINCE JANUARY 1ST, 1999.
- Don't forget to check our Home Page for details of available links to the 50 Australian CM artists/groups featured.
- Mark Anthony Abbott - Singer/songwriter.
- Audrey Auld - If you like Western swing and Hank Williams, go no further! She's a knockout!!!
- Teresa Brewer - Songstress from the forties and still going strong today.
- Allan Caswell - Multi-award winning singer/songwriter.
- Jim Cooper - For some good story songs - some rockabilly, country and blues - check out Jim's site.
- Tracy Coster - A talented Australian singer/songwriter who really has "paid her dues".
- John Denver - A page of links relating to the late John Denver.
- Pat Drummond - Singer/songwriter ($3,000 on offer for return of stolen guitars).
- Donna Fargo - "The Happiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A."
- Michael Fix - One of our top Australian guitarists.
- Braden Fox - A developing web-site for Australadian (Aust.-Canadian) CM singer/songwriter.
- Jeff Foxworthy - A real funny feller - for a Southerner!
- Keith Glass - Much under-rated singer/songwriter/instrumentalist. "My pick for male vocalist of the year" - Jon C. Farkas, Jan., 1998 CAP. NEWS. A double winner at the Mildura CM Festival in 1998!
- Stephenie Grant - Talented young Australian singer/songwriter.
- Highway One - A rising Aussie CM trio.
- Bob Howe - Guitarist/singer/musical director/arranger/session musician/writer/web-design whiz etc.
- Dale Juner - Gippsland-based performer - a double winner at the 1998 Victorian CM Awards at the Kyneton Festival.
- Lee Kernaghan - I was wrong in thinking that only the baddies wore black hats!!!
- Paul McCloud - The gentleman of Australian Country Music.
- Keri McInerney - Is there no end to the talent in Australian CM?
- Brent Parlane - A developing web-site for a popular performer.
- Merv' Romeo - Ballarat-based singer/songwriter, guitarist, performer, FM presenter - the "Country Communicator".
- Tom Russell - Top U.S. Cowboy Music troubador - Keith Glass calls him "a consummate and vibrant singer".
- Self-Righteous Brothers - The inimitable team of Allan Caswell and Braden Fox - read all about 'em.
- Strum - Sydney-based CM duo.
- Jo Beth Taylor - Singer and TV presenter - currently off "the scene". (DEAD LINK*)
- Ian Tyson - Canada's folk legend from the sixties (Ian & Sylvia - "Four Strong Winds") and now arguably the top exponent of modern Cowboy Music.
- Jimmy Wakely - Singing Cowboy. Actually this link takes you to his son Johnny's site, but from there you have a plethora of choices including lots of Western movie memorabilia sites - including Jimmy Wakely's of course!
- Dale Watson - Texas based singer, now a regular visitor to Australia - a real talent.
MISCELLANEOUS AUSTRALIAN MUSIC-RELATED LINKS
- Sandra Bullock - What is there to say????
- James Dean - The Official web-site.
- James Dean - DEANERS - a web magazine where James Dean fans speak out. A great concept!
- James Dean - This one's site #3, and there's also a fourth worthwhile web-site.
- Mitzi Kapture - Star of "Silk Stalkings" (q.v.).
- Mitzi Kapture again - Another great site dedicated to Mitzi.
- Audie Murphy - Most decorated soldier in WW2 and star of numerous Westerns.
- Guy Pearce - Hollywood's finally taking notice ("L.A. Confidential").
- Meg Ryan - She's a cutie!!!
- Christian Slater - The definitive (Australian) web-site devoted to this popular actor.
- James Stewart - Web-site devoted to the late, great Jimmy Stewart.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs - Creator of Tarzan, John Carter of Mars et al. (DEAD LINK*)
- HTML Primer - Will get you started designing your own web-pages.
- Internet Movie Database - A great reference source for all your movie needs!
- Limberlost Swamp - YES, our business IS named after a swamp (the setting for a series of books by Gene Stratton Porter).
- Malta, GC - Mediterranean island (my wife, Liz, was born there).
- Petrelle Records - Based in Denver, Colorado - online listing of fifties and sixties albums available by mail-order - outstanding service.
- Royal Tyrrell Museum - Located in Alberta, Canada - dinosaurs and all that "Jurassic" stuff.
* We'll label any DEAD LINK which comes to our attention and will seek the correct URL
- if that doesn't work, we'll just delete it! But please email me if you find a bad link - thanks.
Many links shown here need to be checked out - hopefully we'll get to it early in 2006!
Please bookmark this site and call back again soon. Thank you!
Hastily updated: January, 2006.
< < < < Alby, my wife's cat - he's deaf you know!
Go BACK to our Home Page.